Post Top Ad

mardi 24 février 2015

Eleven Rack Expansion pack/Firmware upgrade experience - Removing IE11 and updates

Hello all,



I was directed by Avid Technical support to post my experience trying to upgrade my Eleven Rack to the new firmware with the expansion pack. I had a few hiccups that caused some hair pulling, but I figured it out and thought I'd share.



I ran the firmware updater on a 64 bit Windows 7 system. The updater was installed on my desktop as it should, but when I ran it, it would immediately shut down. It turned out this was because I had Internet Explorer 11 installed. I was aware that version 9 caused problems, but did not know 11 did.



I followed the instructions Avid provided and removed IE11 from my system but continued having the same problem. I rebooted multiple times but to no avail. I eventually found in a google search the solution: uninstalling IE11 doesn't remove the windows update for IE 11. Those have to be removed separately.



I had to go into control panel/uninstall programs/view installed updates, then manually remove any updates to Internet Explorer 11.



After that, it worked just fine, but it seems it's not enough to remove IE, but you have to remove the installed updates even after the program is gone to resolve the issue of having the firmware updater placed on your desktop instantly crash when you run it.



I hope this helps someone.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

We’ll never share your email address with a third-party.

Libellés

Libellés

Libellés